and don't forget to breathe.
[html]
it should not have taken me nearly as long as it did to write this. sorry for the crappy post D:

The scarred woman was at once glad that she had come out here to the edge of nowhere. It was faintly drawing, this place. It was that same feeling that the city had, just far more muted. A strange power was evident here, wavering through the stilled air of the caverns as she had explored their shallow depths. She wondered if there were more caves, something like an underground network like Inferni had. Some of them were connected, but many were independent. Perhaps she had just stumbled across one of these disconnected caves, separate from the primary vein of caverns.

He offered her a smile, those white, sharp teeth glittering even in the dim light. He spoke, calling her a queen; the Lykoi woman was clearly pleased with the title. She hadn't actually ever been royalty. Though she had certainly demanded absolute loyalty, as an Aquila she had never considered herself anything of a monarch, though she'd ruled alone until Gabriel had come back. Still, she had established a dynasty, hadn't she? She had ruled Inferni and passed the torch to her child, the son inheriting the throne from the mother. It was less traditional, but still... she took a step closer to him and tossed her head high, that muzzle pointed upwards to the cavern roof, exposing the creamy pale throat . "Even though I've lost my crown?" she said, for once able to speak lightly on her past ventures into leadership.

The russet canine stepped closer to her, his eyes wandering over the wounds on her shoulder. Hers in turn were on that same scar he bore, the missing arm and the knot of scar tissue where it had once remained. She imagined him chewing through it, gnawing through hi s own flesh and pain to snap his bone, and she shivered as his fingers fell on her shoulder. He spoke, his voice lowered almost to a throaty growl. Her lip raised in a smile, displaying the sallow teeth beneath them. "Oh, you should have seen the other girl," the coyote said, a hint of haughtiness in her tone, that same pleased grin across her scarred muzzle.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread