Moving up in the world
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /raven.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border:1px solid black;">
Like, the promotion thread? I totally forgot to make it until now, but I have time right now so I'll just make it and if you don't want it you can yell at me :o
Backdated to the date Ember was promoted, which I no longer remember Sad
Word Count: 306

The tones of his call hung in the air around him as he stood there, waiting for her to come. He'd been thinking since he returned here, wounded, and it was perhaps time he started listening to other people. He'd been running this like a one-man show for a long time, and while he knew he could always have turned to Ayegali and asked her things, he would rather not. She had retired for a reason, and he wanted to respect that. But when Ember had mildly scolded him and at the same time proclaimed her loyalty, he'd realized that it was perhaps time he, too, found someone he could share his burdens with. His own thoughts were his own burdens, but his duties in the tribe should not become burdens. They should be enjoyable: if he did not like his job he did not deserve it. He needed someone to help him, and deciding who that would be hadn't been the easiest task either. Ember? A female? With his problematic relationship to women? He had to be be out of his mind. Still, Ember harbored the strengths he lacked. And, she had a sword which she did not hesitate to wield. Hopefully, she could fill the gaps, could complement his style of leadership. He knew that she was calm and trustworthy, and he had no doubts that she would be able to keep a collected head in a heated situation. Unlike himself. His hand went to touch his back where wounds still healed to become scars, although they were far from open now. Just not yet healed. Likely it looked like a little web of new and old skin back there, but he had no way of telling. He owed his recovery to Ember, and now she would harvest the rewards of her good nature.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread