Inside her knitted sanctuary
[html]

OOC: I think that would work. We could plot it some through PM, but you'll need to know that starting next week I will be slower, with school starting and all, and with time if things get really crowded I might just catch up with posts in the weekends. So if that hinders Addison's other threads, I understand Smile And yeah, I guess we could wrap this one up. Feel free to either post again or, if not, send me a PM and I'll ask for it to be archived Smile ::Word Count:: 500+

Naniko's earlier words had brought back memories of her own relationship with her mother. Though at times distant, with her immaculate white fur adorning her like a queen's cape, her mother had always been a source of comfort and security, but also a puzzle waiting to be solved. Though back then Urma had not seen anything unnatural in her mother's liaisons with the Beta male, mirrored by the same between her father and the Beta female, she now found the power to understand that it had only been by brute force that her mother had ever bore the children of her father. Only a child back then, drawn by the mystery surrounding Mörker and his relationship with their mother, never quite understanding why Naja, though a common element between them, took greater care of the growing male, Urma could not know that she, along with her littermate and sister, Ingrior, and their two older brothers, Damek and Ilya, were the product of their father's ruthlessness, and not the fruits of true love, as Mörker had been. Now, as she faced the alabaster female before her, one of the first friends she had made in the by then new lands of Souls', she remembered the way her mother, though never seeing anything other than unwanted offsprings in Urma and her siblings, had always worried about them, had always tried her best to see in them her legacy, and not necessarily a tie between herself and a wolf she despised. It was due to this that the ivory female could understand her friend, through some kind of extended personal experience. Mothers always put their children before themselves, and with a pang of regret, Urma realized, few children stood by their side. As Naniko's children had moved on towards their own losses and misfortunes, never turning back to seek advice from the one who had given them life, so too Urma had left the lands of her parents, had amplified her mother's suffering after the loss of her purely love-born son with her own departure, and although her thoughts were with Naja now, she knew that her mother could not know. The only thing that still gave the blanched she-wolf hope was the matching femme before her, who had never forgotten her children; maybe neither had her own mother.

The offer to spend the night with her friend warmed her heart. She inclined her head as if to say 'yes', knowing the company of another would do them both good. She looked around the shop Naniko currently referred to as 'home', and it was this that hurried her decision, if anything; the fact that she needed someone, and the alabaster she-wolf had been her first real common element in her relationship with Pilot, her best adviser, and no amount of wrong that she could do would ever make waver Urma's thoughts. While still understanding Savina's reaction faced with betrayal, Urma could not feel the same way herself; maybe the distance that stood between Crimson Dreams and herself back then had helped her. Whatever the explanation was, it was clear to the fair femme that her respect for Naniko remained the same, and her desire for a solid friendship had, if possible, grown. "Thank you." A new kind of emotion flowed from the words, a gratitude that was beyond speech. "It's been a long time since I've stayed with someone. You might think that would be weird in a pack full of other wolves, but... except Savina, there's no one there that I can say I know from... back then."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread