A Funny Thing Happened On the Way
[html]

i'm definitely finding this thread horribly amusing already. merilin is silly. xD and sorry this is so short—i'm not feeling so good. ><;
mall-caps;color:#555555;line-height:10px;">i am picking at remains of other lives
and watching colors and tragic looking passerbys.

From within a low clump of bushes Jael watched the strange coyote like one a spectacle in the sideshow of a circus. The low, faint sound of singing had attracted his attention and searching for the source, the pale hybrid found the bizarre little creature going about her strange, solitary activities. Madness was about the being, obvious in the very peculiar way she behaved and carried herself, rolling about on the ground after leaping from the tree she’d climbed. She spoke to herself as though believing she had a live audience, lying on her back and attempting a nap right out in the open, utterly unprotected and defenseless with her belly in the air. Rising, he crept closer, aware this coyote was a member of Inferni from the scent lingering in her coat, yet also knowing they’d never meet before.

Slinking on ghost-like paws, inching his way ever nearer to the coyote as silent as a shadow, he paused as close as possible without her becoming aware of his presence—at least, as near as he dared without her proving herself alert to his proximity. “You’re quite comfortable for a newcomer,” he stated bluntly, watching the strange coyote with fire-colored eyes. There was a faint humor in his tone though his face didn’t reflect it, knowing he himself would never harm a fellow clan-mate without reason, but reminded that even within their borders they weren’t safe. Wolves trespassed without care, waltzing across their skull-ridden edge and into the heart of their homeland, proving themselves the arrogant, disrespectful bastards they truly were.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread