When you thought you'd seen it all..
[html]
Beyond anything in the world, Haephastus had patience. The hour was early, he was almost certain, despite the fact that his eyes could not seek out the sun for assurance. He wouldn't have been surprised to be left waiting, standing there beneath the trees to keep shelter from the rain. It would be his own fault, certainly, for who was he to expect someone to answer a call that held no urgency, especially at such an hour of the morning. He had not known his own kind to be nocturnal and, though it was not strange for those in Jerusalem to be wide awake at such a time, this place was also not at war. Then again the aging hybrid had learned many a thing in his travels, things that he might not have known otherwise.

Somewhat to his surprise, it didn't take long for the sound of steps to reach his tired ears. Blue eyes shifted across the terrain, past trees and brush, until the creature finally emerged and stepped in to his sight. A woman. Haephastus waited until she drew closer, removing his bandaged hand from the tree, curling the only two fingers he had up against his palm, and bowed to her even before she was able to speak. "I apologize, Miss, for summoning you so early and in such weather." He stated, for he was not without manners. The words felt foreign on his tongue but, despite that, he tried to speak clearly and careful, to assure that his accent would not make it impossible for her to understand him.

"My name is Haephastus Amir and I have come seeking a home." He told her immediately, for her was not the type to beat around the bush, especially when it meant keeping a lady out in the rain. "I come from a place called Jerusalem, far across the ocean, and I have traveled for months seeking a place that brings me comfort." One that brings a new life. He quieted then, eyes downcast and body still bowed forward, even if only the slightest, awaiting the words of the woman who had been kind enough to answer his call.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread