When you thought you'd seen it all..
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
Her first impression of Haephastus was that he was weary, and that weariness wasn't just bone deep. It was soul deep. There was something about the way he carried himself and his hushed tones that she recognized. She remembered feeling the same way, when it seemed she could have walked the length of the world and not escape her troubles. When she had left Crimson Dreams, she hadn't had any particular destination in mind. She had only been looking for peace. And somehow, her trembling footsteps had led her here, of all places, and she had created a life for herself, forged from the ashes of her broken heart.

"Haephastus, my name is Geneva, and I am the Senex of this pack," she said, introducing herself. She paused to contemplate his accent. She had never heard anyone speak with an accent like his before, although the woman was not very well traveled. She had been born on this continent and had lived south of here in her youth. Now she could not imagine leaving Nova Scotia for any reason. She had too much here that she held dear. These lands gave her meaning and housed those she cared about. Leaving simply wasn't an option for her.

The small-boned woman offered him a small smile, although there was warmth in her features. She did not see reason to be cautious of this male; he did not seem to present a threat. "Please follow me to where we can continue this conversation somewhere where we can be free of the elements," she suggested. She motioned with her hands and directed him toward the Ranch. The embers of a fire from the previous evening were still glowing dully in the fireplace, and she thought that they would provide them with at least some warmth.

She walked at a brisk pace, conscious of the fact that the male looked worn, tired, and cold. She held the door open for him and motioned him inside. Their surroundings were simple and humble. There was a rocking chair by the fire and another chair opposite of it. The embers created a dull orange light and emanated just a small bit of warmth, but it was better than nothing. She took the rocking chair and motioned for the male to be seated and to rest. "I would like to ask you a few questions, Haephastus. If you were granted permission to stay here, how long would you intend to stay? And do you seek to become part of this pack, or only to claim sanctuary within these lands?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread