a new wind blowing
[html]
No worries! Smile

Pieces of the bark were getting under the wolf's thick nails, having been softened by the moisture that had been hanging over AniWaya for the last few weeks. Their softness made the sticks easy to peel, though, and Hemming did it happily. As another AniWayan approached, the dusky wolf's gaze moved up to meet him. Greetings, apparently, were not needed, as the other jumped straight into words of actual substance. The younger wolf didn't mind at all, and maybe it came as a relief. Such things like helloes often seemed rather superfluous.

Though the manner in which the other spoke may have seemed a bit odd, the things he said made the gray wolf immediately curious. Birdhouses? Hemming had never thought of making such a thing. Perhaps they would get Dagrun off of his head once and a while. She was gone for now, but it was a rare reprieve from her constant presence. It wasn't that he disliked having her around, of course, but surely there was a patch of fur that was permanently dishevelled from her little talons. Perhaps that was the price of having such a companion.

With a sparkle in his eye, Hemming grinned as the other sat beside him. It was nice to have company while one worked, especially if it was a repetitive task. And, even better, the other offered his assistance! "I'd love some help!" Hemming exclaimed as he clutched a handful of sticks and placed them in front of the cream coloured wolf. "I'm putting the bigger sticks in that pile," he pointed to the two sticks that sat together, not much of a pile but getting there, "and the smaller ones in that one. I'm making a little fence, to go around a flower." It sounded a little silly to explain what he was making out loud, because it was just a single flower that he wanted to protect, but it was the truth. It was quite a special flower, after all.

Though the male enjoyed the challenge of larger projects, he also revelled in the smaller, simpler things. Kites remained one of his favourite things to make, because they combined the skill of woodworking with the patience of weaving. Birdhouses seemed like a pleasant challenge, and as he continued to peel a stick Hemming looked up to the other and said, "Could you show me how to make a bird house, some day?"

james made this
[/html]

Messages In This Thread