Walls for colder seasons
[html]

This is in the north of the Village, close to the ceremonial fire, if that's interesting Smile Word Count: 315

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Dawali had his hands on his hips as he looked upwards, squinting against the sun to evaluate the progress of his town hall. It had to be finished by the time cold weather set in fully, but it had proven to be more of a challenge than he'd expected. Sure, he'd managed to build the stable by himself, getting good aid by the horses and not to mention the terrain, but this building was different. For one thing it was more advanced, and it was also a lot bigger. It had to hold everyone, and he had to make sure it would still hold everyone if the tribe grew in the coming years. Also there were ceremonial elements - the Chief's chair had to be in the south of the building, facing north, for example. But, today the process would be different, because he wasn't alone. Two set of hands worked a lot better than just one, and Dawali was truly grateful to have Hemming's help on this project.

"Well.. I think it's obvious that I'm having trouble getting the pillars up, to support the roof. I've been using horses but it's dangerous to swing them around on your own. And no pillars equals no walls so I've just stagnated there."

His hand gestured towards a pile of large and thick trunks that he'd gathered from the woods, tall and steady enough to support a roof. He needed them inside the building as well as along the sides, if they were to have a proper roof at all. He could have built it in the traditional way, but then it would simply be a large hut, and he wanted the Town Hall to carry some grandeur. Turning his head, Dawali maintained his squinting on one eye as he looked at his friend, smiling. Hopefully, the two would get some noticeable progress on the building today.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread