Walls for colder seasons
[html]
Big Grin!
And sorry for the wait D:

He put his pickaxe down a few meters away from the hole hastily, excited to begin the real fun. There was an enthusiasm in Dawali that seemed to be mirrored in the gray wolf, and in a sense the energy of each canine fueled the other. The logs were nice and trim, which Hemming was rather pleased with. Dawali had already invested a lot of work into this structure, and the preparatory steps he had taken made the work they were to do today much quicker and more encouraging.

At first, Hemming would have assumed the answer to Dawali's question obvious, but as he took a moment to consider the other point of view the idea dawned on him. For a moment he simply thought, staring at the trunk and the spike in turn. After a lot of very excited and rushed thinking, he said, "I think the thick end should go down." There was a bit of inflection at the end of his sentence as he turned his gaze to the eyes of his friend. "While the thick end would support the roof well, I think it's best to have the heavier bit at the bottom, for stability. We can compensate for the lack of contact on the roof, if we need to... But if we do the joints right and well, I think it should be fine." He hesitated, not sure if his explanation was a good one or if his reasoning still made sense even to himself. Furrowing his brow, he stared at the log again, trying to imagine the construction of the Town Hall done using either orientation of the logs.

"Or perhaps," he started again, "We could alternate between having the thick end up and having it down. The best of both worlds." The gray wolf chuckled, throwing a smiling glance to his fellow worker.

james made this
[/html]

Messages In This Thread