Walls for colder seasons
[html]

Hemming was always a sexy biatch Wink<3
Word Count: 344

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

The ropes were as tightly fastened as if they were part of the spike, and one rope only. He took pride in doing his knots well, and he knew that the ones he had chosen was the safer kind: if they failed, other mechanisms within the knot would take over, and the lashing would still hold. He smiled as he got up and clapped his hands a little, as if to signalize that he was finished. A chuckle rose in his throat at Hemming's flabbergasted face. He had forgotten that most that did not come from AniWaya were not familiar with these tying techniques, and no wonder; they had been developed and tested through generations of tribesmembers. Most in AniWaya knew these knots to some extent, but Dawali had been fascinated as a young male, and collected them - from neighboring tribes also. In the past, they had been used for everything: making rope, clothes and even walls for huts - everything made from plants and fine animal hair. Now, they had sophisticated their ways of making these things, but the art refused to die as long as there were buildings to build. In lack of spikes, lashing could do the job just as well. "Thanks - my parents taught me, it's a traditional AniWayan art." He paused, glancing back at the knots before taking some steps towards the lower end of the log, and continuing. "Can teach you, if you want!"

Without words he grabbed the one end of the log, and lifted his face to look at his friend, as if to signalize that he should take the other end. They would have to place it by the hole before they began to lift it - the poor horse wouldn't be able to do it on its own. "It's too heavy to lift, I think, but we can just drag it along the ground, no?" He could always wash it and prepare the wood for the indoors later. This structure would be out in the open for a long time before the roof was over it, anyway.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread