I'm like a firecracker
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

You're sorry? I'M sorry! ;-;

He froze when the words passed through his ears. The hesitation, that brief waver in her voice, meant that this was no joke: whatever thoughts had possessed Addison into such a mindset were honest and real. The cyclops immediately slowed his pace to a stop, browsing the question in his mind as it became embedded there. He'd raised Addison in Phoenix Valley as his daughter. He'd cared for her as his daughter; he'd began to believe she really was his daughter.

She wasn't. All of a sudden, it dawned on him.

He'd raised her with freedom. Jefferson had given her more and more independence as she'd grown, eventually allowing her to move out of the ranch without much input. The brute had always known she was bothered by Geneva or the responsibilities that pulled his attention away from the adopted girl, but the concept of leaving? That, he hadn't predicted. Jefferson turned a sad, mystified green eye to his daughter, reacting so mildly to the idea that he himself could not even believe it. "Leave...?" His voice cracked somewhat; the Patriarch winced and shook his head. "Why? To where? Is this about Geneva?" He sure as hell hoped it wasn't.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread