i wish i saved up for rainy days
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/char ... _tears.jpg); background-color:#0E141B; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:246px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Musquodoboit Valley, any number of people. Big Grin I was hoping to do something like, a flood or a rescue—something of that nature. Charon's pretty useless, but I need some excitement in his life. XD Maybe whoever replies to this, Char can get sorta-swept away, and you can get the rescue skull for the Catacombs? :o

There was more rain than Charon had ever seen, coming down torrentially. There had been a lot of rain since he'd happened on these territories and started running into the canines who lived here, but this was just an obscene amount, torrentially coming down from the sky with no end in sight. It had been raining all damn day again, but it seemed the worst part of the storm had swooped in while Charon was in the lowlands, lucky wolf. He had no idea about flash-flooding or anything of that nature, or how if the world got wet enough this valley would be one of the first things to fill up—but he was smart enough to avoid the winding creek in the center of this valley. Already it roared, swollen with the day's rain, but now it was growing angrier. He could hear it clearly, even through the wall of water the rest of the world seemed to be made of.

The river had a distinctive sound, it was something akin to an endless growl, the throaty noise a predator who has injested too much. Unfortunately for Charon and whoever else might be nearby, there was no long siesta to quiet its indigestion. Even though Char was several hundred feet away from the closest bank, he was still in a fair amount of danger. The torrential storm and the day's downpour were too much for the usually quiet river which wound through these peaceful territories; it overflowed its banks and began to flood out the valley, the water rising inches every moment, creeping closer to the big wolf who was walking parallel to it.

He did not immediately realize the trouble he was in when he was suddenly walking through water. It was a puddle lapping at his toes, and the wolf stopped, peering dumbly around him, wondering if perhaps he had accidentally walked to the river instead of away from it. He blinked his deep indigo eyes in confusion, peering at the water that was rising up to his feet instead of running for high ground like he should have been. Where he was from, the water was almost always frozen, and the ocean surely never flooded like this. The already sodden gray wolf was in very real danger of getting swiftly and rudely taken by the current that was lapping at his ankles. He could already feel a curious tugging on his toes, but his mind did not register this as danger. It was just like walking in the shallows, right?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread