I cursed the sun
[html]

The anger in his body laced through his blood like acid. He hated the fact he was so useless—he had not been able to save himself, nor save his sister. Now she had left him once more, without saying goodbye, without saying anything. Kaena’s question brought a sudden sobering thought to his mind though, one that struck him like ice-water. The thought startled him enough that his entire demeanor changed; no more was he all spit and vinegar, but now the same confused young boy he had been not that long ago.
     “N..no, I…I don’t think so,” he stammered, realizing suddenly that it was entirely possible. She could be dead and none of them would ever know. His stomach twisted and a low whine escaped his muzzle. The weakness he now felt was dwarfed by the need to hide the way he felt from a woman who was still very much a stranger to him. “I think she went to find our mother,” Ezekiel tried to explain, amber eyes staring into the scarred face before him. “I tried to find her, but I lost her scent in the rain.” He hesitated, and folded his ears back, the desperation now terribly thick in his voice. “God, I hope she isn’t dead.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread