I cursed the sun
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
    The coyote woman was placated by her own sentiment; she honestly believed those descended of her were different and stronger than the other average canines she had encountered throughout her life. They were stronger, they were more powerful—they were hybrids, canines who had not so much selectively bred with their own kind, but instead had taken mates of many different breeds. At present, the youngest generation of Lykoi was much like Ezekiel—strong, with the traits of all of his ancestors present in his blood. He had strength of a wolf, cunning of a coyote, and the social abilities of a dog. They were a different breed entirely, with the strengths of their different ancestors combined.

The hybrid woman offered him a smile and a nod, hoping the statement was geniune. She did not know it in her heart, no—but there was a feeling in her bones which told her her breed was strong, and they were not so easily extinguished. "She will return, I'm sure of it," she added, her voice assured in her position. The tawny coyote commented on her appearance, and how vividly different she looked. The hybrid smiled, knowing it was true—of all her children, only one had bore her appearance. Maeryn had been a younger, lighter version of Kaena—indeed, the only real difference between the two of them had been their scars.

The hybrid woman shook her head. "Only one of my children looked like me," she said, speaking of Maeryn in the past tense—she certainly was. The child had died more than five years ago, and she was almost ancient history now. "But even you and I share features," the coyote asked, noting the coppery splash tracing his muzzle. They were made from the same mold, crafted from the same flesh—her blood flowed in his veins, and that was enough for Kaena. They did not need to look anything alike—Jael certainly looked nothing like her, and she had accepted him readily.

OOC Ending:
Kaena and Ezekiel chat for a short while longer, learn a bit about each other, and then part ways. Big Grin

[/html]

Messages In This Thread