saved up all my sunshine just to see you
[html]
a reply in less than a week, i am improving! XDD; pretty pretty pretty mati kiritarrr. 401 wrds

Ares waited there five, maybe ten minutes, wondering when people would start waking up. Maybe there just weren't that many people around here, today? Surely if there were, someone would have wandered out towards the door by now! Was there a back door, a preferred exit that could be reached without crossing what Ares had hoped was this pivotal junction in the maze of rooms and hallways?

Just as these thoughts meandered slowly through his mind, there before him was Mati. She looked nearly as surprised as he felt. Her presence was sort of eerily convenient, basically the person Ares would have picked to help him finally settle into the manor if he had had any choice in the matter. The brown girl was holding a can, and some weird brushy things, and Ares couldn't help but wonder what she was doing with them. A little, at least. Because his mind was largely preoccupied with how close they were. She had almost ran into him, loitering as he was, leaning back against the corner near the door that provided the best vantage point. She was taller now, too, still taller than Ares, but they had both grown in stature. They were adults now, basically. Size-wise at least, if still adolescents in heart and mind.

It was at the precise moment that she looked up at him, smiling a smile brilliant enough to illuminate the darkest shadows of his mind that he realized precisely what his feelings were for Mati. He liked her, and more than just as a friend. Like the romances in the stories. Thinking about it now, some of the weird actions humans did in the naughtier books he had read made sort of more sense. It was a strange feeling, a strange realization. It didn't become unpleasant until he realized how stupid he was; why would she ever like him? They barely even knew each other, and once they did it wasn't likely she'd find anything worth clinging to. He would be lucky enough to ever have her as a friend. The self-revelatory moment, as impressive and perspective-altering as it was, occurred in less than a heartbeat. It was only moments between her greeting and his response. "Oh, yeah. I was thinking maybe I'd move in now. Do you know where some empty rooms are?" Please let there be one near you, please let there be one near you.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread