Such is life
[html]

OOC: ::Word Count:: 400+

Urma's ears fell flat against her head, and her eyes betrayed concern. He was very worked up about the little bird, and she realized her presence was not doing much to help him. But she didn't want to accuse him. She looked at him more closely-- he seemed young, though not young enough to be a pup. Maybe a year old, at the most? Had she been on more familiar terms with the wolf, she would have known what to do in order to help him. As it stood, however, she could only look at him helplessly. "Please, don't get so upset," she tried a second time, "I didn't mean to sound as if I was accusing you. There are chances we can still do something for it. You'd be its hero. Sometimes, small animals get attached to animals who take care of them. If you could tell me what happened, maybe I could tell you how you could help it. I'm sure you didn't do anything yourself. But if you could do something for it, who knows, it might even be your companion." Her tone had been kind, without turning into patronizing. She felt at a loss as to how to approach the matter, seeing as she knew nothing of the wolf in front of her.

She looked at the bird again, trying to establish whether the damage was beyond repair, but she couldn't know anything for sure unless she knew what exactly might have happened to it. She didn't expect the small creature to tell her, which was why she was dependent on the wolf. She waited for a bit, before continuing on that same friendly note, "I'm Urma." She came closer to him, and sat down, trying not to look like she was a threat to him. "We haven't even gotten a chance to know each other. What's your name?" She wanted to seem as welcoming as she could. Her journey to Inferni was still on her mind, but she knew she wouldn't be able to make it there and be able to focus on her tasks unless she helped the young male she had met. She wished that this would all go well for the wolf and the avian. She only really wished to help them, so that the stranger wouldn't be so worked up about the incident any more and blame himself needlessly. At least, it seemed to Urma it was needless, because he couldn’t have done anything willingly to hurt it, from what she could gather, otherwise he wouldn’t have felt so guilty for the tiny bird’s fate.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread