Such is life
[html]

The female was nice enough, but he knew the truth and he was a horrible person. At least that was how he felt, because that poor bird kept suffering and it was scared and Emwe had never meant to scare it like that. This person said things about small creatures liking the ones that saved them, but that only meant that they cursed the ones that hurt them. And if he told her she would probably think he was mean too! But he shouldn't lie, couldn't lie, and his eyes were kept averted while he spoke slowly, as if defending himself and accusing himself at once. "It won't like me because I chased after it in the woods and it didn't fly so I thought we were playing. And then it just lied down like that and it's going to die." It would never be his friend, nobody would. He was a terrible person and that was the end of it.

She sat down next to him and he thought that she looked a lot like some of his family members, like Cercelee and aunt Mew, and people said his great grandmother had looked like that too. And his grandma too. All white in the fur and stuff. His gaze was kept on the ground, but he gave her his name. He'd been taught it was polite to give his name. "I'm Emwe..." It was weird to feel like this, uncomfortable and sad and bad. He wasn't used to that, he was used to feeling good. Being happy was a lot better than this.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread