Sitting, waiting, wishing – action!
[html]

W.C.:324

“Oh. That’s the same as Catherine’s snake, then…” Claire made a small grimace “Tough I think birds are far better than that gross and bad-news-carrier thing.”, she recovered quickly her serious face, staring to the bigger femme, trying to avoid that annoying little voice inside her head asking why it was so, why did the tribe members have each one an animal as a companion. But surely it was something that had to be mentioned in another, more comfortable, situation.

What Claire wasn’t expecting was that cold and laconic answer from Aurèle. The crow made another circle above them as the smaller femme blinked, mouth opened, trying to find proper words to say. Her mind was spinning. She hated when the others did that to her, especially because she felt so disorientated.
Claire only recovered her train of thought because of the loud growl her belly made. She was really starving, and if she didn’t accept the hunt companion, she knew she would be screwed. And lost. Again.
“Y… yes” her voice trembled, and she cleaned her throat as her light-yellowed paws moved, following her new companion through the small tobacco plants “As far as I’m concerned, I’m faster than the other wolves.”

Claire caught up with Aurèle fast, despite the distance they were from each other, and paced easily by her side, her tail wagging with excitement. “What are we hunting?” she tried to soften the tension she felt around them starting an easy-minded talking, “Some kind of deer, huh?”, yes, she felt that too. That mouth-watering aroma.

Claire prayed silently for the wait (and the hunt itself) do not take too long, she didn’t know if she had enough strength to endure the next few hours at that pace. The smaller femme lifted her head, decided: she wouldn’t let the other notice that. She was decided to make her best, in order to show Aurèle she was more than an ordinary newcomer.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread