dance your legs down to your knees
[html]
cool! so let's just fade that they kept talking, and then Kansas walked him at least part of the way home. he wouldn't just be like "oookay now get out." Tongue 300 +

Meeting more family had been a stressful thing for Kansas. He liked his family members all right (most of them, at least), but being introverted as he was rendered him nervous when forced to interact with his scores of relatives. As a child and teen, he'd never seen the point. Sure, they were "related," but why was it so essential that he know all of these relatives when he had a nice, fulfilling family to himself? It wasn't until those individuals had faded from his life that he'd sought others, namely Naniko and those close to her. Now that he was an adult, he didn't mind talking with yet more branches of his family, especially wolves like Emwe. Kansas didn't feel stressed at all in the kid's company. He really liked his nephew.

Kansas tilted his head to one side quizzically, not quite understanding Emwe's meaning. Did he think he wasn't capable of learning to read? "But you're smart. I can tell. Believe me, I know when someone's stupid..." Perhaps not the best thing to say to a youngster, but it was true. Kansas caught himself and shook his head. "Ah, you can just give it a try if you like, and if it's too hard we can do something else." He didn't want to force anything upon the boy. There was nothing worse than domineering adults. Kansas almost shuddered, remembering the ways of his father. "Yeah, the shapes are useful for different things. That's for sure." Kansas smiled warmly at his multitoned nephew. He truly did like this boy, and was very happy to have finally met him. Emwe and Conor were Firefly's sons, and so whether his sister liked it or not, Kansas would take it upon himself to make sure the boys were never for want of anything. He'd take care of them in whatever way he could.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread