New days, new faces
[html]

That table is hotness!
Word of the day: eldritch (Wednesday, September 23, 2009)
Word Count: 340

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Dawali nodded and gave a simple Yeah, true. to her words, agreeing in full. Though he dreaded the winter for its snow and cold, he - too - felt disappointment when the white substance did not show itself throughout that cold season. The prey was scarcer during that time, but the sheer beauty of that white blanket could outweigh anything - that is, except when winter claimed lives. However their storage of meat and fish were strong, and he had no doubt they would be fine. Some say the summer is better, when the frogs and the birds sing - but the winter carries its own unmatched, dignified beauty. Rarely did Dawali express these kinds of opinions, but he liked this female, for all her scars and eldritch appearance.

She offered him snippets of Inferni's history, and Dawali found himself intrigued. He had never known what such a society was - AniWaya was large, had always been large, and with vast ties far and wide to other tribes. The AniWaya that had settled here at 'Souls was puny in comparison, as the old tribe had held hundreds of wolves, and several large bloodlines of proud family names. He himself was one member of such a family - Eternal, was their name, and it seemed to him that the prediction that followed the name might even ring true. Out of the families, his was the oldest, but they had never risen into leadership (until now), but stayed among the ranks of craftsmen. I'll admit I have no idea how a clan of such small numbers can keep it together. Where I come from, all the packs or clans around here would be considered puny in numbers. In their opinion, none of us have defenses worth even considering to squish. He paused, and he smiled. This was not a negative thing. But I do not come from a warrior's family, and I appreciate the smaller scale. It is more comprehensible, and more like home, than the vehement bustle of a big tribe.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread