New days, new faces
[html]

I win at failslow :/
Word Count: 443

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

He nodded as she spoke, enjoying their conversation on something as trivial as the seasons and their kinds of weather. He rarely spoke of such things, and was particularly reluctant to engage in conversation on the picturesque, but when one lived hand-in-hand with one's surroundings (unlike how the humans had lived) one could not miss the beauty, nor the fierceness of nature. Kaena's comment on the autumn pleased him; true, it was like fire. Sometimes, it felt as if the change was as rapid as fire, as well. One day there was green all around, but then in a matter of as little as a week everything was brown or red or ashen. He gave her a small exclamation and a smile, agreeing in full; "M!"; a crippled version of something that might have been a word in his vocabulary once. No more was needed, perhaps, for his face gave away his positive attitude. "The spring is also a pleasant change, with its color and increase of prey. I suppose all the seasons have their qualities, negative as positive."

More snippets of history, and as the tribe leader nodded and paid attention, he realized that he would likely not know what to do with himself should he ever fall from the tribe. Should he ever be on his own entirely, with no system to guide him but himself... he might survive it, but he would not thrive or feel comfortable. After all, he felt lonely now — imagine what he would feel if he was, in fact, all alone? One thing he knew for certain: Gvihita would never leave him. She was bound by a self-created obligation to guide him, but she was not bound to companionship. Though, perhaps she would take pity on him should he be in such a situation. He didn't know, and he hoped he would never know. "I know what you mean. My old tribe was powerful, but so large. Too large for my comfort. It was good to be surrounded by others, but it was also easy to feel lost among so many individuals. Even though I was part of one of the largest families, I never knew even half of the folks I encountered every day." Pausing, he shot the femme a smile. He was, in a sense, opening himself to her, and showing her his weaker sides. Talking about feeling lost and so on. But it was a weakness that could never be used against him. It was a thing of the past, and he was a different person now. "I prefer the smaller tribe, where I know everyone and consider them my friends and allies."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread