New days, new faces
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Me too, apparently. XD

The coyote was fond of her time on the west coast, though she felt she had overstayed her time there by about a month and a half. She should have headed home sooner than that, but facing the journey home with no direction to go by was daunting and the hybrid woman had kicked herself many times for not learning how to at least point out where home was on a damn map. If she had been able to do that, someone could have helped her a lot sooner. Instead, she had to wait for someone who had actually passed through 'Souls at one point or another. He was a wolf, yes, but he had been here, and he knew how to get back, so what did it matter? "Oh, yes—I like spring 'cause usually brings children along with it," the hybrid said fondly. True, most of her children had been born in summer, but in spring she usually knew they were coming. Kaena was especially fond of children in her old age; she missed being a mother and she enjoyed the company of puppies. Mason was a lovely young coyote, but he wasn't exactly her kid or her charge.

The coyote imagined such a place as similar to a city, and she marveled that Dawali had grown up in such a place. To Kaena, it was unnatural for a canine to be in such cramped spaces; groups of twenty five or thirty or even forty was fine, but hundreds of canines living and working together in the same small space rarely worked well. Even in Malai Ratree, there had been almost nightly brawls, but maybe that had more to do with the alcohol than anything else. "I imagine it's really tough to stand out in such a crowd. Though, I guess if you're looking for a place to blend in for a while, it'd be a nice retreat from somewhere where everyone knows your name," she said, tilting her head to think about that for a moment. She liked knowing everyone in Inferni, certainly—but when it had been made of softer individuals it had been almost awkward, and her scars and her viciousness felt out of place. She had slipped away to the city to disappear several times during those years, lurking there rather than immersing herself in the social life at all. "That's why I like Inferni. Got a core family you can count on," the hybrid said with a grin. It was like being old royalty, returning to learn of Halo, Talitha, Enigma, Ezekiel, Jael, and Zana—grandchildren, a whole new legacy. The Lykois were hybrids, through-and-through, and the de le Poer heritage strengthened them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread