New days, new faces
[html]

I win again!! And now I hope to -insert holy entity- I am back for sure :/
Word Count: 443

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

His ears sprung when she mentioned children; he should have guessed she was a mother. She was around his own age after all, if not older (he never dared to try and pinpoint the age of females, no matter who they were - and certainly not one that looked like she had been through a war or two!), and it was only natural that she had children. He smiled as he thought of his own. "Yeah.. Next spring there will likely be two litters around our ankles in the tribe — I suppose that's why we're all here, for the children I mean." Sentimental as always, and Dawali never did attempt to hide his enthusiasm for his family, or the concept of family at that.

He tilted his head in thought as she spoke, every now and then nodding in agreement. Yes, it had been easy to blend in, but just as easy to lose oneself. For instance; he was one of three sons of the oldest bloodline in the tribe, but a mere 10-12 members of the tribe knew him, and out of them maybe just 1-2 outside his siblings and parents knew him well. Everyone else just knew who he was. It was easy to disappear, and to be forgotten, in a place like that. Surely, Ayegali must have had a really hard time ruling over so many. He had so much to do simply running the tribe, which was so, so puny in comparison. His memories of that feeling took him away from the conversation for a moment, realizing it made him feel both nostalgia and loneliness at the same time. To be an ant in the anthill was great and it was bad at the same time.

He said nothing until she spoke again, now nodding with a small smile. "That's what I've come to love about AniWaya too. I know my fellows, and I know I can depend on them as friends, not just as my tribesmembers." Ember had proved it the day he had returned wounded and broken, a hero of sorts, but not in his eyes. Never in his eyes. Had Brennt belonged to a pack they would have come for him now; murder was not something to be taken lightly. He wondered sometimes, what DaVinci had done with Brennt's body, but never sought the male out to ask. Perhaps it was morbid to think the thought, but it might be even more morbid to seek the truth. After all, the moment he gave the corpse up to Phoenix Valley, it was no longer any of his business. "Trust is perhaps what I value most in anyone."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread