New days, new faces
[html]

Yay that makes me feel better XD
Word Count: 483

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

He smiled and nodded calmly as she spoke. journey? She said the pup had survived a journey. So, they had taken in a stray, then? In one way, Dawali was quite surprised at the amount of strays that seemed to wander around alone in this world, and even moreso how many of them survived. If they encountered a cougar, bear or even a hostile coyote or wolf, they were nothing but an easy meal. Hell, even deer could be a threat to them, their big hooves quite sharp and hard to avoid when the animals panicked at the scent of a wolf. Curious in nature, he was puzzled by this little pup she spoke about. "His parents abandoned him?" That seemed to be the most frequent event to cause a pup to be on their own, and it saddened him. He did not understand how a parent could do such a thing.

He nodded, and as she stated she'd trust her life with her pack he gave a sound in a greement, a sonud which held no words at all. That was perhaps the ultimate function of a pack, was it not? Survival. In every sense of the word, and one individual who proved not trustworthy in terms of survival had to go. Of course, those were the basics, but in AniWaya punishment was always tried before banishment. Had one of his members turned violent on another member, however, they would quickly discover that their oh-so-pleasurable Kalona could be quite the opposite of what he was now. His anger would rain down on them before they could take one step towards escape, they could be certain of that. Luckily, there had been no need to punish anyone so far.

She shifted her weight, and he wondered if she was impatient. Her words proved him wrong, however, and he smiled; he liked it when others were interested in his feathers and beads. They were not there out of vanity, except myabe some of the more flashy beads. "They are both, in a way. I am the only member of AniWaya here which came from that much larger tribe, and in that tribe we used to feather our mane, to weave it with symbols. I wear them for the same reasons, but also to remember the way of my past people." He paused, bending his arm back to reach for one feather colored green. "This one means that I am a medic. And the eagle feathers state my rank as Chief." Every feather held a meaning, and he would not mention all of them. Some of them had quite insignificant meanings, such as being a part of the scouting party that found this place, or having been in the Council of Elders. In their midst a single red colored feather stuck out, but he did not mention it. He wasn't sure if he wanted to.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread