New days, new faces
[html]

Haha! Tongue
Word Count: 312

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

His face was grave, disappointed even. While there were many things Dawali did not care about, children was not among them, and it broke his heart when small ones were abandoned. Of course, sometimes the reasons were valid, and he could understand in some cases, but still it went against everything he believed in. He shook his head and gave a little sigh before looking back up to the female whose company he was enjoying. "Either way he has lost something valuable, I guess. But he was lucky to come across you, I'd say. Pups rarely manage well on their own."

His ears moved in interest as she showed him her tattoo, and he nodded as she told him about her family tradition. It was in many ways the same as their feathers, but not. Everyone in the tribe wore the feathers, but only her family bore that symbol. Some of the prouder families, especially the chief's bloodline, carried certain symbols associated with their name, but not as tattoos. "Traditions are valuable. It clarifies for ourselves and our children who we are and why we are here. " That was how he had been brought up. It might sound like some vague wannabe philosophy, but for him it was everything. Everything he did defined who he was, and everything he did was tradition. "Thank you. I think the ones to signalize rank were added as the tribe grew. With so many individuals it's hard to remember how to address everyone properly." It was like wearing a brand that says "I am above you in rank, I have more respect than you, you should obey me". And in some ways that might be strange, but it was also extremely useful. There was never any doubt on who to obey and how to behave, and it saved a lot of time spent doubting and guessing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread