New days, new faces
[html]

Muhaha, I am super-Marit!
Word Count: 840 - SoSuWriMo

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

He chuckled darkly at her last sentence. And many more bad ones, it would seem. Oh, they had learned from defying the spirits, certainly. From what he could tell, from all the buildings and whatnot, they had to have been an arrogant race, to think that they could claim this earth as their own. He was too young (ironically) to know this for sure, but the elders of the tribe spoke knew stories from the time before they could all shift onto two legs. They were more like myths from a time long gone, and Dawali had always thought that the memories from that time surely had some blurred sequences that could not be regarded as truth. For all he knew, this ability that allowed them to change their bodies had also allowwed them to think better, to remember better, and so the stories from the past were rendered useless. Still, they told of a time when this now-dead species had ruled everything, had taken what they wanted with no regard for any other species. Ever since he had heard that story as a child, Dawali had thought that they were evil, but this impression dwindled over time. Now, he believed they had simply been too arrogant, perhaps also stupid (despite their grand achievements and buildings and contraptions he would never understand). They had tried to tame this world, to guide it where they wanted it to go, and something had happened at some point that had taken their lives and enhanced the lives of those such as himself. In his view of the world, this was the revenge of the spirits. They had seen how the humans did not respect the world they had been given, and had punished them. Those who had suffered had been given a gift, had been chosen to rise and reclaim these lands. For a spiritual man such as himself, this was the perfect explanation. This was why he protected himself from their mindset, from their devices and from their cities. Still, he knew that some things were practical, like ember's sword, no matter how it made him uncomfortable. "I suppose there are elements that could be used to our advantage... " He paused, not really certain what he meant. "But all in all, I just can't stop thinking that, you know, they're all dead." Dawali Amara did not want to be dead, so he left the things of the dead alone. He knew better than to anger them, and even if their spirits did not go the same way as wolves' did when they died, it still felt strange to touch their things.

They both stood, and he smiled as she expressed the wish to come and see what life was like in his tribe someday. The Chief believed he had found a friend today, and just as it had been with Cwmfen, an influential friend. Sure, Kaena's son did not have to listen to her, but what son didn't lend an ear for their mother every now and then? In that sense, he was killing two birds with one stone, or hell, even three; he gained a friend, he learned of Inferni, and he might have some good words about himself reach their leader's ears sometime. It was all good. This chat with the female had put him in a very good mood, as well. Gvihita bristled her feathers impatiently on his shoulder, but he simply ignored her. He gave a polite chuckle at her comment on the invitation, and looked at her sideways as he extended the fun of it for just another moment. "You wouldn't want to offend all the youngsters to the south." He winked and smiled. He stretched his arms as if readying himself for the trek home; it was a long way. Good thing he had come prepared, bringing some pleasant furs along with him. He would just stop and sleep somewhere along the way. There was no reason to attempt to do this in one day, after all. Perhaps he would even pass through Dahlia de Mai, instead of walk around it. She bade him farewell, and he smiled widely. Such phrases were not used in diplomacy, and while he had come here with a mission, he left here with a friend. "I'll try my best." He said, still smiling. This social business was taking its toll on his jaw muscles! "Be well and safe until I see you next, then, Kaena Lykoi." He gave her that nod-and-a-bow once again, before he raised his right hand at her and turned away. He was glad that he had not run into a different Inferni member than this one; perhaps he had more reason to be glad than he knew. A meeting with another one could have taken a drastical turn in a different direction, but it hadn't. Dawali Amara left for home in an elevated mood, and while Gvihita continued to taunt him on the way back, trying to find any reaction in him, her efforts were wasted.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread