can you see a shadow on me
[html]
Don't you worry about it! I haven't had much of a chance to reply to anything until recently anyway, so the timing works out. XP And I hope your arm is ok! o: Also, maybe we can start to wrap this one up? We can have an up-to-date one sometime soon, if you'd like. :] 500

Everything seemed to hang over him at once, terrible events from his past, this difficult predicament of the present and the uncertain future that it lead to. His thoughts were bouncing between each at such a rapid pace that it left his head spinning. The more he dwelled on such things, the more questions he found himself asking. Answers seemed to be in short supply. He didn’t know what he should have done in the past or what he could possibly do now. Uncertainty seemed to be the strongest feeling hovering over him lately. Overall, it left him feeling emotionally spent. There wasn’t much more of this he could take before he would break down.

“I… I don’t know,” he replied, shrugging his shoulders in a mirror of his sibling’s own action. Did he truly believe that he was to blame, that no one was actually at fault here? He found himself completely unsure. With how high-strung his emotions had been these past few days, he found it hard not to blame himself for much of the misfortune of this current situation. He knew it wasn’t necessarily his fault, but there was no one who could really be blamed for all that had happened. What’s done is done, and there was not a thing anyone involved could do about it. “I suppose it does not matter who is at fault. This situation is in front of us now and we have no choice but to go forward with it.” If he had to push aside all of those needlessly self-deprecating thoughts, that was how he felt about it.

A clear-headed Ehno would say that there is no sense dwelling on the past events when the future loomed directly ahead. So when Ghita next suggested that they forget about the dark and twisty path their conversation had unintentionally taken, he knew it would be for the best. He nodded silently, but a moment later he couldn’t help but find himself apologizing again. “I’m sorry.” It was one last apology the caring brother would offer before their conversation departed the dreary subject. He was sorry for his outburst, sorry for unexpectedly leading their conversations toward one of Ghita’s most feared demons. With how sincerely apologetic the male felt, he saw no better way to lay this subject to rest.

Ehno couldn’t help but avert his gaze from his sibling when she flinched at his revelation. His words and their meaning were rather terrible, being of a subject that hit far too close to home for his sister, but he knew he had to share this with her. If nothing else, Ehno simply wanted her to know that Naniko had also faced that most unfortunate experience. Ehno did not lift his gaze until Ghita spoke up again, catching her own clear blue gaze just as she turned to face him. The way her emotions were concentrated in those two turquoise pools almost startled him. “Thank you,” were the only words he could summon.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread