The Songs that Voices Never Share
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... athe-2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Fiiiinally I get to this XD I'll start our new one up too <3

He did feel their warmth. He had felt it to an extent the morning they had been born and he had carried them, but this was so much more. Now they were not bundled in his coat. They were larger, stronger, and their bodies touched his own. Onus could feel them moved softly against his chest, their forms rising and falling as they breathed. The warmth from them penetrated him, filling his chest and he thought perhaps this is really what it felt like to be a parent. This was only the second time he had seen them, they had had such little contact, yet in that moment he knew he loved them deeply. They were connected to his heart, just as Cwmfen was, but in a different manner. Similar and yet not at the same time. He wanted to protect them, as he wished to protect her, and he knew that he would give his life for them if it came to it. There was still a different tone to the love he felt for these two children. A tone he could not define, but knew that it was there nonetheless. It was strange and beautiful all at once. How had he been given this? The vigilante had expected so little of his life and now it seemed he had so much. He didn't know if he deserved it, but he would accept it and cherish it. There was no other way to act.

It was hard for the coyote to think of himself as gentle, even though he knew he could be. As his lover spoke his eyes did not leave their children either, but he took in the words. Yes, he had been gentle with her. Where the rest of his life was hard and unforgiving, with her he was gentle. Still, their fragile bodies still worried him. Surely they required even more care than he had shown to their mother. Cwmfen was strong and full grown. To him it seemed what they as adults deemed gentle could be too harsh for a pup. "I suppose. They are so small though." Grown from when he had last lay eyes upon them, yes, but still so diminutive. He cradled them both in his arms comfortably, he could barely feel the weight of them. They were so small and yet they meant so much. It was odd how things as small as they could carry the greatest worth. They meant everything and he knew that he would do everything for them that he could. He still did not know if that would be enough, but the man hoped that it would be. He wanted a good life for them, for his children.

She moved to sit beside him, and though they were close he still felt a great distance between them. While he understood that she was still healing from all that she had endured, he couldn't help but miss her warmth. The thought of trying to impose a closer proximity never occurred to him. Onus respected her wishes and would never do anything that she did not want, for her knew that she did everything with a purpose. If she had wanted to be closer, then she would have been. The distance was something she wanted there and so he let it be. Though when he felt the softest brush of her fingers against his hands he wished for that touch to linger. Neither his arms nor hands moved though, for they still held their young and he did not wish to disturb their sleep. "I will try," he responded. When it came to her, and them, concern for their well being was only natural. A force he couldn't stop. He would do his best to keep it to a minimum though. The coyote matched her gaze and love swam in those dark pools as well. He couldn't help but wonder though if their love would ever return to what it had been before. The pieces were slowly coming back together, but would they all ever be retrieved?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread