by-tor and the snow dog
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D96A11 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px">
Halifax, for cross-dressing Gotham. 300+

Now that he had been to Halifax a time or two, he was more familiar with the town and didn't feel as nervous going there. Before, he'd been not only wary of getting lost, but he'd felt a little uneasy among the abandoned buildings of the human ghost town. Though most of his anxiety toward the place was gone, he'd chosen midday to travel there today, when the sun was high in the sky, sending its warm blaze down to light the streets of Halifax. It wouldn't have been good to take his son here at night, though he was sure that would have been more exciting for the boy. Kansas was sure he'd have plenty of time for thrilling nighttime adventures with his puppies, once they weren't so much "puppies" anymore.

Perhaps he was in denial—they were certainly not babies anymore. His baby blue gaze flitted surreptitiously down to his son, wishing he were still little enough to carry. The young father had enjoyed carting his kids around everywhere; they were so cute and warm. He'd liked the feeling of holding their small bodies close to his heart, protecting them with his arms. But he was certain Gotham would not have appreciated such treatment at his five months of age, and Kansas wasn't really sure he was even strong enough to carry the sturdy boy. It was understandable. But it still made the Sadira a bit sad. He grinned at the dark child and pointed his gaze forward again, aware that the grass beneath his feet had turned to pavement and buildings were blooming all around them.

He spoke to the boy, thinking aloud more than anything. "I'm pretty sure I know where this place is. Just... bear with me, I'll find it." He inhaled, pausing a moment to gather his surroundings. Then he turned down a side street, and was surprised to see the library standing solemnly at the corner. "And there we go." Again, he gazed at his son's face, excited to see his reaction. He wondered if Gotham truly wanted to spend time at the library with his dad, or if he would have preferred they do something a bit more... thrilling. He supposed the kid would have complained if he felt that way. And Kansas didn't plan on spending too much time here for fear of boring his son.

The creamy wolf agilely ascended the short flight of steps and approached the door, pushing it open to the musty smell of thousands of old books. He motioned for Gotham to enter; he wanted him to take the lead, rather than ushering him around. He was sure the boy would enjoy himself more that way.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread