by-tor and the snow dog
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D96A11 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px">
300+

The way Gotham's face was illuminated with curiosity and interest was one of the best things Kansas had ever looked at. And the way the boy punctuated the pale man's explanation made him sniff out another giggle, which he covered by clearing his throat immediately afterward. "It's cool to think about," he added simply, shrugging.

The swarthy child asked a question Kansas had to consider for a moment, pausing with silence as they rounded the corner. As far as he knew, no book had ever been written by a wolf. But why not? Anyone could form his ideas and fantasies into a story. "I don't know. I think we've written stories on paper, without turning them into books like these... But I could be wrong." Perhaps elsewhere in the world, their kind did have collections of recorded stories. The man watched his son bound into the midst of the Children's section, tackling a teddy bear before settling down on its leg. Kansas grinned and jogged over to where his son sat, sliding down onto his knees beside him and sitting back on his heels. He felt a sudden burst of excitement, simply because they'd found what they were looking for, and he was curious to see what Gotham would want to do.

The Sadira leaned over the boy's shoulder, picking up the book he'd found and examining its cover. He continued to smile as he gazed at the title and the picture of a comically oversized red dog. "All the books in here were written by humans, I'm pretty sure. I guess this one wanted to write about a big dog," he replied. "Want me to read it to you? We can look for others to take home after, if you want." He hoped that didn't sound like an urging for them to get going. The creamy wolf would stay there for as long as Gotham wanted to.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread