In the Backdrop
[html]

The sound of her voice summoned him to her like a falcon to its master. He saw her not soon after, and approached with no hesitation, returning her greeting with his own. Yet, as he advanced, he stopped just outside of the border to her home. Such a thing was not meant for him to cross, and he knew to do so was to break treaties drawn in blood. A smile turned the corners of his mouth, causing the scars over his left eye to crinkle with the motion. Even though they had been with him for so many months, and he often overlooked their presence, small motions like that smile reminded him he had been so ruined. The path of the soldier had been one that had nearly taken his life. He had been lucky to survive. The scars on his face reminded him of this daily.
     “I came to see you,” he explained simply. “I was worried.” A noise behind the pair caused the coyote to turn his head, but after a moment or two of silence he dismissed it. Amber eyes focused back on the woad-painted woman, and the smile on his face turned into a smirk, causing one eye to narrow slightly. “One of your packmates told me you had children,” he added, a mild amount of amusement in his tone. After all, it seemed unexpected—especially given the beast that had been following her for so long.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread