outside it's armageddon.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Oh, man. Workposting! I might try to get this job, it's like, a 40 minute plus commute, but I'd be doing web design and stuff, so... :O If there's downtime, I will damn sure skippy post. XD

Kaena herself had often wondered what had possessed Vitium to deliver his children to Inferni. There was no reason for it—certainly he knew his kin would not keep the terrible betrayal he had committed from his progeny. It was no darkly-kept family secret; there had been plenty of Lykoi to bear witness to Vitium's treachery. But Halo and her siblings were not their father, and there was no good goddamn reason to condemn them just because of where they had come from. Halo had never given Kaena even an instant of doubt, nor had her brothers in the brief time Kaena had known either of them. The hybrid might have been wary on first meeting them, but she hadn't been present for that.

The coyote woman herself was nearly trembling with excitement, though she steeled herself to keep her hands from shaking. It was always a wonderful event to add the mark of the Lykoi to a new generation of them, and the hybrid woman greatly enjoyed being a part of these rites. She had done this to several of her own children, marking them with the brilliant red star that stood for them. This was living tradition. Her shining single eye returned to Halo, watching with a strange look as the girl touched the very same place where Kaena had her own star tattooed. A smile spread across the scarred woman's face, and she looked to the cinnamon-furred coyote's gaze.

The silvery coyote drew a breath sharply, and nodded, too bowled over by the young woman's choice of placement to comment for the moment. There was that same reverent look on her face, and she shuffled forward, blade in hand. Though it was a fearsome tool, the hybrid could hardly raise it to one of her own flesh and blood to strike, not without damn good reason, and she paused, grinning again up at the younger canine. "Good spot, if I do say so myself," the hybrid said softly, her golden eye flicking up to Halo's face, poised to begin the tattoo process. "Ready?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread