rough around the edges.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... achine.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:205px; background-position:top center; background-color:#0F1110; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px">
        "Ah, yea; so you're up in the caves. I'd venture the majority of us reside in those parts," he said with a small shrug. It was about as centralised a location that they could get in the territory, and the elevation was generally higher there. This had proven convenient when the skies decided to start dropping down rain by the bucket-full, and it offered a tactical advantage when it came to spotting or fending off intruders. "As for the forest, there's an old estate tucked back in there somewhere. A giant mansion with a lot of gardens and a labyrinth of passageways and chambers--I think Halo stays in one of the rooms there. There are also some storage sheds in the back," he offered.

"Other 'n that I'm not sure what options you've got. There's an open, sunny space further north, but the winds whip through in the winter and there ain't much shade in the summer. The landfill in the southwest is filled with rats and heaps of human junk--guess hypothetically someone could hole up in an old car, though I'm not sure why they'd want to," he said, his nose crinkling somewhat at the very thought. As the Ravine was uninhabitable, that left only the beach, but Anselm figured the boy was better off in the forest than out in the open at the mercy of the tides.

"At any rate, I'm sure you could dig somethin' up in the forest if you'd like. Since it's closer to the borders and the pikes aren't as visible, you might need to keep an eye out for any wolves," he added with a soft snort--they never respected the marked boundaries, and something about the cover of vegetation seemed to enhance their drive to trespass as they were less likely to get caught. There was also a lot more prey in that area than anywhere else, and he wouldn't be surprised if some loners or random idiots were sneaking in to steal their food. The idea of having a lookout that resided in that area wasn't a bad one at all, though he obviously wasn't going to tell him what to do or where to go.

One hand lifted to scratch at the back of his head, but after regarding the blood caked onto his nails from the dead wolf he reconsidered and it dropped back to his side. It seemed like it might be good to clean up soon and get back to his patrols. "Ah, yea; you can find me in the Caves, too, if you need anything. I'm probably a little southeast of where you're at now," he concluded, tone somewhat louder than before and with a degree of finality. "Anyway, I'm gonna get back to work," he said with a short nod and a quick wave. "Take it easy..." he trailed off as he turned to walk away. "And sorry about.. y'know," he offered quietly with a wave of his hand as he turned and lumbered off into the night.

I like it! It's grungy and kind of eerie :o Figured this might be a good place to wrap up? If you've got something else and want me to edit it, just shoot me a PM!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread