The Sport of Kings
[html]

Okay, getting some replies done. I have my own computer now so there's no reason I shouldn't be caught up. Big Grin I think Hanna was 5th, too, and played her as such.
Word Count: didn't count. Worth 0 points.

Hanna was confident that she was going to win on her gallant Galilahi, but the cruel hands of Fate had other ideas. They had moved along quickly coming to within a few horse-lengths of the lead. The femme's eyes widened; she couldn't believe how relatively easy the race had been thus far. "Come on, come on, good girl.." she muttered a chant to Gali, urging her on. She could feel that the mare was not quite giving her all, but didn't want to push her past her limit.

Within second, however, it was irrelevant how hard the horse was running. An errant stone that had not quite been cleaned off the track caught up in the hollow of the mare's hoof not far from the end of the race, causing her to pull up sharply, hobbling. Their momentum still carried them across the finish line, barely salvaging next to last place by just her head.

Immediately Hanna dismounted, watching as everyone else walked toward Jacquez, and extracted the stone with one carefully extended claw. She observed Gali's gait as they trailed behind and then, satisfied, turned her attention to the King, making her way toward the throng.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread