the taste of freedom
[html]

pfft, i am queen of slow and sucky. and short doesn't bother me! i just apologize for fast replies to this thread. XD. 313 words.

A reason. Ares needed a reason, to give to this Haku, to save his life. Would anything he say actually matter? There was a gleam in the stranger's cold blue eyes that half-convinced him that nothing he said would change his fate. He quavered, a little, at that thought, then froze, not wanting to show any signs of weakness. Maybe he just wanted to toy with him, but.. Well, what was there to gain by stalling? If he was going to kill him no matter what, he could have just attacked without a single word. It wouldn't have taken much to bring him down, not for this hulking beast. Ares was just a skinny kid, for all his fervent desire to be something more.

No, maybe there was something he could say that would alter the situation. Begging, or trying to justify his skulking around after dark.. Neither seemed like they would do so. Did this male know Tokyo? Conor hadn't, but he was just a kid, and anyway Ares imagined him hiding in the corners of this territory trying to avoid his dad. And thus it made sense that he didn't know his mother. If Haku did know Tokyo.. She probably wouldn't have spoken of Ares. She preferred that he didn't come up in conversation at all, preferred denying his existence than talking shit about him, although if she was forced to acknowledge the former she was always glad to do that latter. And if Tokyo hadn't spoken of him, maybe he could pretend to be a son of heart instead of just one of blood. Would he kill a pack member's beloved child? "Tokyo Chance is my mother." He spoke steadily, in a voice that almost startled himself with it's cool, calm confidence. If Ares didn't know any better, he would almost believe that he wasn't desperately afraid for his life.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread