Someday Never Comes
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position:bottom center;">
Thanks. Fortunately it only turned out to be a 24-hour bug. Still wasn’t fun, but at least I got the internet back to brighten up my day.

The sight of his son off-kilter caused Phoenix to nearly stop in his tracks and flinch slightly, as he stood ready to try to catch his son if he actually did go down. The patriarch new he could at times be overprotective but he didn’t want to see his children get hurt. He knew he would have to let them leave the nest someday or else they wouldn’t be able to take care of themselves as adults, but Phoenix wanted to hold on to his children for as long as he could. “Right,” he answered, obviously pleased that Kansas was starting to piece everything together in his mind. “You’re a very smart boy, y’know. It makes me proud t’see you learnin’ so fast.”

They walked on as the day came to full realization. The sun finally cleared the horizon as it began its daily trek across the sky, and the lands seemed to come alive with it. The few birds that had not fled the approach of winter began to sing, the shadows began to retreat more quickly. Phoenix loved witnessing the dawn of a new day. He was all about fresh starts, especially considering his namesake. Since there seemed to be no imminent threat to their borders and Phoenix was in such a good mood, he began to hum. After a few bars though he grew bored with it and began singing the words. His children were intimately familiar with his voice, as he sang them to sleep every night since they’d been born. But this particular song he hadn’t sung in a while.
“Mighty friend that is mine, can you give me a sign?

He'll leave nothing but only to hear him

I've seen the tall trees bend low when his mighty winds blow

And that's all the more reason I fear him

Hear him call for the earth lonely I can feel his great pain

But on the eve of this day

I'll join in his refrain

Cry for me, sigh for me, sad breezes flow

Stay for me, play for me, the song my friends will know

My lonely wind must blow.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread