Someday Never Comes
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position:bottom center;">
The father returned his son’s smile, glad that he was all right. Kansas seemed to enjoy the same attention which would probably have annoyed Icarus or Firefly. Of course, though two were in a hurry to grow up. Kansas—and Ember—weren’t above being their parents’ children. These two were most likely to stay with their parents in Storm, while Phoenix had a feeling Icarus and Firefly would end up moving on outside the pack when they grew up. Phoenix didn’t like the idea, but he wouldn’t be surprised if it came true. He just hoped that their independent tendencies didn’t cause them to roam too far away from him. Even if they wanted to settle down in another pack Phoenix still wanted to be in his chidlrens’ lives. Already he had one adult daughter that was too far out of reach and it broke his heart.

Modesty was something that Phoenix and his son had in common. Before Iskata came into his life the massive wolf had been far too hard on himself, constantly second-guessing and doubting his competence. Even now he was still prone to those tendencies, but he had more faith in himself than ever before. With enough encouragement from his parents (something that Phoenix never had for himself) Kansas would eventually grow out of it. “Y’like that, eh?” he asked, obviously pleased. “My papa taught it t’me. Someday I’ll teach you how t’sing it, if y’want.” The patriarch hoped to pass on everything advantageous he could to his children… including his love of music.

“When I'm needin' a friend I'll remember the wind

And my life here with the breezes of sorrow

I'll be leaving him soon 'cause I've got to make room

For the lonely that will find him tomorrow

On a black stormy night in your bosom I'll cling

And I'll know I've found love and the last song we'll sing

Cry for me, sigh for me, sad breezes flow

Stay for me, play for me, the song my friends will know

My lonely wind, my lonely wind, my lonely wind must
blow.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread