Someday Never Comes
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position:bottom center;">
Don’t worry—you’re doing him perfectly. Wink

Phoenix had been in enough situations to the point where a little scuffle didn’t frighten him. The alternative did though—because he only fought when someone he loved was in danger. Scars gotten from such battles were as badges of pride to Phoenix as well, since they were tokens of how far he was willing to go to preserve said loved ones’ lives. The thick, long scar running along his left foreleg was the result of a fight with someone who had threatened Moon’s life. Every time he looked at it he thought of his oldest son, and he thought of it with a sick sense of pride. He would do the same for Kansas, Icarus, or any of his daughters as well.

The male could understand the pup’s curiosity of the world outside what he had thus far been limited to. Phoenix was glad that they showed interest over complacency, since that was an obvious mark of intelligence. But at the same time it was also a part of growing up, and Phoenix did not want to lose his children too quickly. And he did not want them to wander into any danger, as he had done countless times (albeit involuntarily) as a youth. Soon enough they would be big enough to be trusted on their own outside the safety of the pack’s borders. For now, though, he did not want them too far away to be out of reach.

Phoenix was not sure if he understood his son’s question. Did he mean everything in Storm, in Bleeding Souls, or the whole world? The answers to each would be yes, no, and of course not. “I’ve seen everythin’ in Storm, if that’s what y’mean,” he answered. It would be pretty pathetic if he hadn’t, since he had lived here most of his life and he now ruled this domain. “But this valley we’re in, called Bleedin’ Souls, it’s a big place. I haven’t seen it all. An’ the whole world is huge, too big for any one wolf to see it all in his lifetime.” Such concepts might be hard to grasp for someone so young but the sooner they were introduced to it the sooner they would understand.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread