Pale Green Eyes
Sorry again. Seriously, life is after my hobbies this fall.
Word Count: 337

[html]

Her strange question did not go unnoticed, and Mew struggled with her calm while the silence quivered between the two. She was not used to conflict, potential conflict, or confrontation - and now she had potentially placed herself in all of it. And yet, she did not find strength within herself to leave the subject altogether; something in her wished to share these feelings, needed to share them. When Cwmfen finally replied, Mew was ready to sigh of relief, but no sign of such an emotion was given. Before she could say anything, the dark femme spoke again, and now Mew glanced to the ground before looking back at the Adonis and replying. "Reliability. Responsibility." She paused a moment, thinking. Finally, hesitantly, she said; "Safety". Truthfully, the last thing she had mentioned was perhaps the first item on a list of preference, and perhaps it was this word that caused her to ask. For would she know her brother best? He was nothing but charming around her, but others had warned her. Others had expressed a fear of his darker sides, sides Mew had never seen. But if she died, he would be their logical caretaker, as their uncle. Did she want that? And, more importantly, could she trust him with it?

Her hint had not gone unnoticed, and now she felt silly. She should not have approached the matter in this way, but felt unable not to do so. Her gaze was directed downwards and stayed there a moment. Green eyes studied the grass - grass which would soon wither and die in the cold of winter, but not sooner than she was dead herself. Her thoughts danced from one reply to the next - which to choose? Finally she settled for honesty, if a somewhat toned down version. "I do not know. I hope so." Her face laid in sombre folds, but her eyes did not quiver as they had with Hanna. For that, she was thankful. She did not wish to break down again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread