spend all my time amongst the animals
Awesome, thanks! Big Grin
[html]
Up until he had come to in the region near to Inferni, Hezekiah had never really had bad injures. Scrape here, a cut there, a patch of fur gone from a rough-housing game gone a little too long; all of those things had been the worst of anything to begin with. It wasn’t to say he hadn’t taken a few hits out of aggression, but they had never been anything like the healing gash at his side and they had never ached like his head had to the point where the ringing did anything but stopped. Where he hadn’t been blessed with strength, Hezekiah made up for it by being a burgeoning shoot in a frost covered field. He had his endurance and it seemed like he had a stronger will and reason to survive than he realised. Surely there had been plenty of unfortunate souls out there.

But it was the topic that Kaena breached next that gave him mixed feelings. He was surprised by the question and her following comment and yet a moment later he understood where she was drawing that from. In a clan that made it clear that wolves were unfavourable, there were plenty of hybrids and he was not ignorant to the mixed heritage found behind Inferni’s pike-lined borders. Mason had been the only other coyote he had met so far and Anselm had looked incredibly wolfish, if not mostly. Gabriel, what he remembered of him through that haze was that he was like Kaena, where their heritage was muddied enough that they leaned in multiple directions; some features distinctly drawn from one background and builds from another.

“Yeah, I am,” Hezekiah said, much more decisively than the safety of memory he did cling to. “It’s better than where I was. I stay out of the way, so I’m not in anyone’s hair or anything like that… and everyone I’ve met so far seems all right.” He had made a friend out Mason and although he was still a little wary of Anselm, he understood that the crimson-eyed hybrid was trust-worthy. He had been kind enough to impart knowledge to Hezekiah that had not been forgotten. Other than that and excluding Inferni’s leader and his present company, he found that there were not much differences between where he had come from. It was homely and quiet and the real difference in the two was who made them up.

And to put a numerical value on things, Inferni was a lot smaller than anything Hezekiah was used to and it was much more compact, but despite that, he didn’t feel claustrophobic or a need to hide away because they were still spread out enough. It didn’t impede or otherwise both what had long been ingrained into him. “I mean, I still don’t know what happened to me or how I ended up… here—” at which point he gestured vaguely, not really sure what to make of the peninsula where he was “—but I don’t think anyone is missing me that much. I was kind of an… afterthought, I guess. I didn’t want to be there any more anyway,” and it only seemed right to divulge that kind of information to Kaena. He felt more comfortable in her presence than any other; he felt no fear of an adverse response or action in doing so. She had been nothing but kind to him so far.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread