spend all my time amongst the animals
[html]
Awkward situations were the story of his life. It could have been hinged on his history that his mere existence in itself was an awkward situation. So it was no real surprise that he found himself fumbling over simple questions. “Well,” he said, letting out a breath, “I used to like to explore. I don’t do that so much any more, at least not here.” Not when going outside of Inferni raised the risk that things could go awry. “I’ve pretty much just been watching others since I’ve been here.” Mason and his fishing, Anselm and his skull gathering and pike making. Both things had been interesting and while the fishing part wasn’t entirely new to Hezekiah, Anselm’s tasks had been.

“What kinds of things do people here do?” he decided to ask as a change of face, hoping that perhaps something would jump out at him and sound like something he could do. If not that, then he was confident that Kaena would be more than helpful. She had already done so much for him, so he believed there wasn’t much more he could do to in return other than learn. Surely doing that would better his opinion of where it was that he belonged in Inferni.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread