spend all my time amongst the animals
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
    The silvery hybrid and her tan compatriot were one in the same in that regard. They were not social animals by design, it seemed. Maybe that was just the way they were created, or their coyote blood—either way, neither seemed absolutely comfortable with others at all times. Kaena was a sad old thing for being a decade old and still unable to relate to others, still with such paradoxical flaws in her personality and logic. She was a wolf in part, she had loved many wolves and befriended others, and still she proclaimed to hate them simply for what they were, in response for a few bad eggs hating and hurting her for what she was.

One could hardly blame her; it was not as if Kaena Lykoi was given a solid foundation on which to build her life. From the beginning, there was only suffering and hurt for the silvery canine, and it was only rather recently that she had realized her place in the world and found the stability she so desired. It was here in Inferni; since returning her spirit had come back, since shaking the injury-curse from her leg where Astaroth had sank his teeth and whispered his last words. Homecoming was the best cure of them all, it seemed. For her complacency and her newfound attitude, the coyote woman was still unpredictable, still mad at heart—the beast lurking somewhere in her soul might rise at any second. She figured her family and her clan were safe, though. He had only risen in the most dire of circumstances in recent years, when her life was in clear danger.

Hezekiah professed to enjoy exploring and watching, two skills for which they had exact ranks, as was his luck. She smiled, and cocked her head to catch his question. "The Vigiles are the watchmen of the clan, and Anselm holds the Caelum, or head scout, position," the hybrid said. It was unlikely any had sat down and gone over the whole system with him. "If you're interested in becoming a Vigiles, I'd talk to Anselm. He knows the area like you wouldn't believe, and I'm sure he'd like having someone to assist him," the hybrid said with a grin. "From what others have told me, if Gabriel hadn't hooked up with him as soon as Inferni crossed the mountain, we might have gone the other way as the packs—kaput," the hybrid explained, taking for granted Hezekiah knew that Inferni was a second incarnation.

The hybrid shrugged her shoulders and continued, feeling as if she was talking a bit much. He'd asked, though, and she was required to answer him—and of course, she wanted to. "We need a Scorpius, a hunter. And if you wished to become our Veritas, I can fill you in on just about everything in our history. I've been here since the beginning—off and on," she said, the idea of training a Veritas to replace her keen on her mind. If someone could only write their history down, she would not be so fearful of it dying with her. "The Imaginifier keeps our image... if you have an artistic slant," she said, considering for a second before grinning and nudging his good shoulder with an extended silver hand. "I could teach you a few tricks if you'd like being a warrior." Hezekiah didn't seem like he liked to fight, but there was always the possibility. The hybrid looked at him quizzically, finishing out and hoping she had sparked his imagination some.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread