spend all my time amongst the animals
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Noooo worries. I have way too many threads at the moment as it is. XD Not that that's ever stopped me from adding JUST ONE MOAR. -_- (Okay, it has, but then like, 7/10 times I'll take the thread anyway XD)

The leaden-furred hybrid often reflected on the old lands with an air of wistfulness; there were places there that she would never see again, places that no one would ever see again, and she would miss them. A thought occurred to her suddenly; Zulifer's grave had been on Thunder Island, which was separate from the mainland—was it possible that the fire had spared that tiny shred of rock, leaving her first love's bones to rest in peace? It was an intriguing idea, and Kaena was sorry she hadn't seen it before she'd departed south.

Considering the coyote's question, Kaena arched the brow over her good eye, the other sinking over her missing eye, giving her face a rather comical look for a moment as she churned over that. Haku Soul was just as deadly on this side of the mountain range as Salvaged had been on the other, though Kaena did not feel responsible for the Dahlian beta as she had with Salvaged. She had created the monster in Salvaged; Haku's demons had nothing to do with Kaena. It was her duty to put Salvaged to rest, and she had fulfilled that end of it.

"Yes. My worst enemy belonged to Inferni's closest neighbor. My children Ikatha and Baneesh died for no reason in wolf jaws just outside of Inferni borders. I almost my daughter, Ahemait, to another wolf's hatred for us," the coyote said, a snarl bubbling on her muzzle at the painful memories sailing back to her. It was ancient history for coyotes and wolves to kill each others' children, and Kaena would not hesitate to retaliate if that was the case. What she wouldn't give to tear any of those wolves' spawn from them, to rend and rip their flesh and blood like they had hers—those were her invisible scars, still raw and infected, pulsating beneath the surface of the silvery hybrid. "We had a pack settle right next to us. Took a little chunk of our territory and everything," the hybrid said, wrinkling her russet muzzle. "I guess... maybe our leader gave it to 'em," she conceded, shaking her cloud-furred head. "But that never sat right with me, when I took over Inferni again, we chased 'em out," the coyote said, pride creeping into her voice. She'd launched into a history lesson inadvertently, and she shrugged her shoulders, glancing at Hezekiah, her expression wordlessly asking if that answered his question well enough.

OOC End: Kae and Hezekiah kept talking for a little while, and then the thread inexplicably ended! XD

thanks to james for the header image
[/html]

Messages In This Thread