I should have given you a reason to stay
Word Count: 427 - SoSuWriMo

[html]

Conor's strangely colored eyes followed her moves and directions as she explained, and it seemed to her as if he drank the words she gave him, so eager to learn this was he. She smiled at him, glad that her brother's son did not feel that it was strange to meet her. She had never really bonded with her nephews, and it saddened her. Even Lubomir had known them better, but Mew was a simple being. Whenever she found a purpose for some time, she let her world shrink and revolve around that and that alone, shutting out almost everything else. She knew that she should not have ignored them, but she was just like that. Now, with Lubomir gone, she would have to create a life for herself again, and perhaps she had underestimated the significance of knowingthe two brothers. She should seek out Emwe; hopefully he would be as accepting of her as Conor was. In truth, it warmed her heart, and it was just the lift she needed now that she was heavy with both children and the gnawing absence of her coward mate.

He accepted her offer, and she smield warmly at him. The usual lessons with Alexey were fun, and she felt that so far she quite enjoyed Conor's company. Maybe the two would give her enough to do until it was time, to keep her mind off of more dangerous and depressing things. She could leave her knowledge behind, could share it with them so that it was not lost when she went. Perhaps they would take it upon them to care for her unborn children; she hoped so. Judging by Conor here, Alexey did a good job as her rank. "Come by whenever, I rarely leave the house. It's in the southern part of Wolfville - you can probably smell your way to me." There was no need for directions - a good nose saved the day any day. Getting up, she smiled again and realized that her spirits were lifted beyond what she thought possible right now. She had thought herself in a pit of... well, bad things, but again she underestimated the impact of socializing. She should stop avoiding others, but it was too much a part of her, and she never remembered. She was glad of this random encounter. Turning, she spoke a last time, and decided it was time to go home and eat. "I'll have to return home now, I'm tired. But I'm looking forward to next time, Conor. It was nice running into you." Another sincere smile left her lips, and then she turned to start the walk home. Now, the scenery didn't look quite as hostile, maybe even inviting. Conor had lit a small flame of hope in her, and she would do her best to sustain it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread