dripping with alchemy, shiver stop shivering!
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

one more post from you and I and we'll close this up :3

Once the ice was broken, conversation came easily. Jefferson wasn't the most antisocial of folks (though he was undoubtedly up there with the best of them); he possessed no social anxiety nor apprehensions of new faces. Jefferson simply existed on his own wavelength, giving attention to intruders on his path as long as they needed it before tossing the fledglings from the nest too early and choosing to watch them from a distance instead. He was a thinker, not a speaker; when he could keep his thoughts and words to himself, he did. The times when conversation was required from him, however, his colors shone. There were no misinterpretations or misunderstandings with the Patriarch's speech mannerisms: he was blunt, sarcastic, and knew how to cut deep. An unsaid master of words, perhaps, but overall just an asshole who was better off keeping to himself for everyone's sake.

He nodded quietly, tattered ears flicking this way and that as the stranger babbled on about something or other that breezed through his head quickly. The cyclops caught most of it, but he commented nothing on the aspects of Iceland or something similar. Kvaesir was a foreigner; that was enough explanation for Jefferson. "I'll catch up with her later," the beast shrugged, glancing over his shoulder briefly as if the white-furred bulbous would still be there. "Not much happens around here, but we could always use more scouts. We have plenty of livestock and horses near the ranch... stay here long enough and you can herd them." He purposely said nothing about the boy's reading abilities, but pulled a rather odd look to his face when the mentioning of magic arose. Angelique played a flute or something, hadn't she? Perhaps she and this one would find company in each other. "Compared to what I usually here from idiots on my borderlines, that's plenty. You seem harmless, so you'll start out at the general Loas rank and work your way up." He snorted and pointed his single eye elsewhere. "Everyone else is nicer than me, if you were wondering."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread