(pi)r² or are they round?
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position:bottom center;">
Not many could get the jump on Phoenix easily, if there were any at all. Even as a youngster he’d honed his senses to be razor-sharp and capable of detecting any looming threat. That was before his psychic abilities manifested themselves, and he became (sometimes painfully) aware of every presence around him. Even if he had to concentrate to leave the boundaries of his own head he still had an alertness, a sixth sense. He could feel life-forces around him, even those of unborn children. It had been amazing at first, but ironically he hadn’t noticed the budding lives of his own children in Iskata until she had told him he was going to be a father and brought it to his attention. The changes had been so subtle, almost undetectable, that he hadn’t even noticed the extra “luminescence” inside his mate.

So of course he knew what his son was planning, but the father played along. He resisted the urge to tense his muscles in preparation for the impact, and let himself fall over easily under Icarus’s assault, laughing all the while. “Yep, y’got me,” Phoenix said, seeing no harm in a white lie to boost his son’s confidence. If Icarus was to ever become a good hunter, he needed to start practicing early. A tackle was hardly a smart move when bringing down a massive buck, but he had to start somewhere. “Mebbe we should head on 127.0.0.1 now,” he suggested as he saw the fatigue begin to manifest through his son’s mouth. “I love you, son,” he felt the need to say before giving Icarus a loving nudge on his small flank.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread