a very merry unbirthday to all [p]
[html]
ya sure~ super grats on spotlight soul, btw's. Big Grin. 302 words

Okay, so he sort of wasn't really that okay with it. But it wasn't just about him. He had to take Mati's feelings into consideration too. After all, wasn't that the point? In a relationship, the other person's thoughts and feelings were supposed to matter as much as yours. Or even more. It wasn't something you could create just because one of the two really wanted it. For all that Ares disapproved of their getting together, at least Princess had found someone who wanted her back for her first "love." He honestly wasn't too sure she'd deal with unrequited affection that well; she was very, very used to getting what she wanted. But.. that sort of thing only counted for half, in romance. Ares could ache and dream and long until his heart was sore and bruised by loneliness, but it wouldn't create a spark that didn't exist in Mati.

Ares shrugged, trying to remain dispassionate in one of the matters he felt strongest about. "It's.. not only what I want, Princess. I can't change how she feels about me, and I'm sure she doesn't like me, not like that." He persisted stubbornly. It was too dangerous of a thing to pin hope on something as unlikely as Mati actually wanting him the way he wanted her. It would crush his heart too thoroughly to be rejected, grinding it into powdered nothingness to drift away on the breeze. No, it was much better this way.. Ares had a childhood of practice of living with the steady ache, and he had had enough encounters with the sharp and sudden hurts to avoid them with everything he had.

"I don't think there's even anything I can do." He said heavily, a sad smile on his face, glancing over at his sister through dangling black bangs.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread