Just what it was about this old coffee shop
[html]
hehehe yay Big Grin
And the sun will set for you

The snow felt good as it sifted its way through Beppe's black fur, sticking against his skin and cooling him off a little. He smiled as they laid there, eyes just taking in what lay around them now. The sky, unlike the swirling gray mess that often hung up there, was bright and blue, and perhaps he could even hear some winter birds singing. Now that the blood wasn't pounding in his ears he could hear Empusa's heartbeat, and her breathing as well. The wind rustled the trees in the distance gently, blowing snow off of them. For the first time since he and his mother had slinked off the ship, he felt part of something, as if he was one with the land. This, perhaps, was home. This was how he was meant to feel.

Beppe laughed as the coyote girl made her joke, unsure of what a damsel in distress was, but knowing that the tone in her voice made him feel like laughing. "But, a seat? Is that all you think of me!" He half barked, half cried. The smile stayed on his face as he continued to peer across the earth, enjoying the change in perspective.

"It is not that you have me pinned that I am lying here.. It seems as if the earth has reached to me and grabbed me and now this snow is holding me as hostage." He winced, painfully, doing his best to made this game as real as possible. "And clumsy? Not at all, I think. It is a good tactic... But perhaps you could tell your good friend the snow to let me go, for he is beginning to grab not just my hair, but my skin, and it is getting to hurt!"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread