You can't be late until you show up
[html]
I am horribly slow right now, hooray!

There was burning rage in the coyote, a fire that had leapt up into her chest and frenzied around her heart, goading a low growl from her pearly throat. Her ears folded back and her russet muzzle found the womans cheek, her tongue reaching out to lick at the patchy fur there. Her searing golden eye was half-lidded and she leaned into the woman's touch, listening to the lovely tones of her voice, battered and exhausted as they sounded. The hybrid woman cracked half a smile at her joke, and reached out to touch the tattered remnants of her russet hair, running her fingers through it for a moment.

The coyote was surprised as the woman apologized, her blazing golden eye turning in disbelief at the russet wolf, cocking her head to the side. "You have nothing to apologize for," she said, gently, moving her arm behind Fatin to support her as she sat up. The coyote knelt next to her, content to wait and allow her to gather her strength. Everything in Kaena screamed to pick her up and carry her off to the cave this instant and hide her away from the world. She would lay her to rest in bed and run until she found something hot and fleshy to kill, and then she would drag it back to Inferni and Fatin.

"I'm sorry," she said suddenly, shaking her head. "I should have... when you were gone so long, I should have known something was wrong," the coyote woman said quietly. There was turmoil in her heart, restlessness in the hybrid woman's brain—why would someone want to hurt this gentle, lovely woman? The coyote woman almost choked on the thought. Certainly, whoever had done it hadn't counted on the russet woman's darker half standing behind her, the shadowy creature ready to take vengeance on those who wronged her lovely woman.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread