lengths of snakes match each silent syllable.
[html]
616 words
hello! Big Grin can i ask what form she's in?

So immersed in the eloquence of the text that was laid out before him that it was only when the woman drew close enough for his peripherals to catch her in their outmost fields that Kvæsir registered the female's gentle presence. Still, he moved slowly, finishing the verse before allowing his eyes to move up to her face, an amiable smile wrapping itself around his pink-tinged lips. " 'Morning!" he spoke cheerfully, chuckling to himself at her words. "I wouldn't fret over it if I were you," the border collie explained, uncrossing one leg to ease the tightness the muscles had gathered after being in such an awkward sitting position for so long. "I doubt anyone has seen me around before; I just joined a few days ago. I'm Kvæsir, but feel free to call me Kæ." He flashed a toothy grin at the ivory fae, using the brief moment to draw his eyes over her in a fluid motion, ending at her golden eyes. There were scars, ones that still remained knotted and pink from whatever or whoever their inflictors had been; though he enjoyed conversations, he was not of a particularly inquisitive character, mainly because the stories of others were rarely sincerely entertaining, or simply because, well, he didn't care. If he felt that presenting himself as a compassionate soul would help him in the current situation, then he would play the part flawlessly- but it wasn't needed yet, though whether or not the future would require it remained to be seen.

"It's strange to see someone out and about this early," Kæ spoke, the puzzlement in his voice meant to reveal the question behind it: why was she up so early? Not that it was much of a matter to him; he had been feeling rather lonesome in the dilapidated graveyard. More of a social being, it had been three long days of near-hell for him to walk around by himself. It seemed that the members had been few and far between; funny that he met one now in such a strange place. "If you don't mind me asking, miss," he ventured, tilting his head and glancing up at the female. "What is it exactly that you do around here? They've not given me any specific sort of duty yet, and I heard there's a library around here, but I can't find it anywhere." He had seen several cabins, and cottages, as he had roamed, but didn't want to intrude on something that he knew nothing about. He had also glimpsed verdant pastures surrounded by fencing- which could only mean one thing: livestock. And, given his breed, he had a natural pull to the animals, of which he seemed to possess an almost paranormal control over, though of course this was little more than his ability to give them a proper stare-down.

There were many occasions when he wished that the same sort of intimidation tactic would work on his peers, but, sadly, it rarely, if ever, did. His eyes, a normal chocolate brown, did not have the piercing effects that another's might, and he did not have the towering size of wolves, despite the twenty-five percent gray wolf that trickled through him. Hell, he couldn't even howl- something that he held great remorse for. Realizing with an inward jolt that he had been staring endlessly in a pointless direction, he jerked his glance back to the female, and gave her a smile, though it was one that only drew up a single side of his cheek. "Sorry, I was in my own world there for a second." Laughing softly, he set down the book and crossed his arms over his chest.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread